Smallford Station & Alban Way Heritage Society
Heritage Open Day on Saturday 14th September 2019
Smallford Station, off Station Road, Smallford, St Albans, AL4 0HF
Smallford Station is a unique, 150-year-old, Grade 2 listed building that stands on the Alban Way (the track bed of what used to be the Hatfield- St Albans Railway Line). It is owned by a private company and not open to the public.
Here’s an opportunity to meet some of our enthusiastic Society members and -
- see Smallford station and platform
- view some memorabilia and an exhibition illustrating the history of the Station, the Hatfield-St Albans Railway it served and the impact these had on surrounding communities
- share our plans for improving the environment around the station and renovate and install a railway goods van body
- participate in a family-friendly guided walk from Smallford Station to Nast Hyde Halt: less than 1 hour return along a flat, tarmacked foot- and cycle-path and suitable for people of all ages and abilities
- enjoy light refreshments and drinks provided by Colney Heath WI
For the past 6 years, a group of enthusiastic volunteers with a wide range of interests, knowledge and skills (around local history and heritage, railways, nature, walking…) have been researching the history of the Station and Railway and the influence they had on surrounding communities.
We delight in sharing what we're doing and what we've learnt - through our website (https://smallford.org/smallford-station/), giving presentations, our travelling exhibition, a small range of publications, our Facebook Group.
Guided Walks Smallford-Nast Hyde Halt return: starting at 12.00 noon and 2.00pm
Free Parking: A limited number of spaces in the Station Car Park and Station Approach Road
For further information email email@example.com